Tuesday, December 05, 2006

We're Gonna Do Just What We Wanna Do

Apparently November is the worst month of my life. All the papers, all the projects, all the fucking group presentations. The only reason I wish I went to big school is so I could avoid working in useful little groups with five other confused idiots that happen to schedule their class the same time as me. It makes no fucking sense. It never works out for everyone. Inevitably, someone is caught with their pants down.
As the semester is winding down and the weather gets colder it seems things get more sensitive and are somehow easier to break. It rains when you don't want it to, wine glasses fall and shatter, Volkswagen's refuse to start, computers crash and people die. Relationships become strange and hard to deal with. It's the most wonderful time of the year to drink rapidly, drive quickly (and foolishly), feel impulsively and move so fast you don't have time to think. You stop and realize that where you're running is far from where you were. Fuck, I have no idea which is the better of the two.
It sounds stupid (because it is), but life is so fucking annoying it hurts. No one is alike, no one understands each other, there is no common ground. Everyone has their own thing going on and no one will get you. I hate it when I'm feelin' a new song like crazy. It makes my day every time I hear it. I sing like there's no fucking tomorrow or I cry like I just got hit with a baseball bat. But no matter how much I love this song (movie, person, fill in the blank, people) no one else in the world understands. My friend always used to make me "listen to the lyrics" of different songs she loved. I always felt bad, because to me, the songs just sounded gay or just whatever. It never meant the same to me. And it's not about things like music or movies, it's just life. And that's how we live it. We try our best and usually still end up making mistakes. We think learn from them, and when we see someone else "going through the same thing" we gladly offer up our shitty advice , so that they can fuck it up just as bad (or hopefully worse) as we did. You'll never understand where I'm coming from until you've been there. And if you think you have been, you're wrong. Haven't you been paying attention?! There's no way for you to figure out what's going on unless you ask me. And even then, who's to say I'm not going to come up with some clever lie and deliver it to you like some fucking pro under oath. And you'll really never know if you never ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home